Flexible and Targeted Short Breaks Service
APTCOO is a provider of flexible and targeted short breaks for children and young people with an additional need and/or disability. The service is commissioned by Nottinghamshire County Council and APTCOO is an accredited provider. If you would like to know more about this service or how you can access it, please don't hesitate in contacting us or the Council directly via the following web page - click here.
There are different categories of provision dependent on eligibility, dependency and need. APTCOO work closely with the child / young person and their family from referral to service provision, tailoring their package of support so the child / young person receive maximum benefit from the scheme.
We work with children and young people who have a wide range of additional needs and abilities, and offer a wide variety of activities which include:
- Direct one-to-one befriending and sitting services
- Supported access into activity groups
- School holiday schemes and activities
- Facilitating supported learning through fun
- Supporting the development of life skills, independent living and person centred planning
- One-to-one support is offered to work with children closely on specific areas of interest or developmental need e.g. young people at transitional stage and promoting independence
- Access to leisure activities (indoor and outdoor) with required support
- Therapeutic sensory environment that provides a calm, safe, stimulating and fun experience
An example of a short break at APTCOO could include:
- Access to holiday scheme which included outdoor activities like orienteering, canoeing and rock climbing
- Therapeutic one-to-one time which included learning through play and sensory relaxation time
- Facilitating swimming therapy sessions to encourage development of muscle strength following acquired brain injury
To find out more about the Flexible and Targeted Short Break Scheme, either give us a call or look online at the Local Offer.